Brest harbour station, Finistère
1er Eperon - Port de Commerce
1er Eperon – Port de Commerce
29229 Brest Cedex 2
+33 2 98 80 80 80
Opening hours :
Monday to Friday from 7:30am till 12 and from 2pm till 6pm
Saturdays from 7:30am till 12
Sundays from 7:30am till 10am
From 3rd July to 27th August, the station is open until 7pm and on Saturdays from 7:30am till 12 then from 2pm till 6pm
Travelling by train
Brest’s SNCF railway station is a 15 minute walk from our harbour station.
It’s an easy stroll down to the commercial port and the view is quite charming especially if you arrive early enough to see the sun rise.
You can also take a bus down :
- Line 4 “Port de Commerce” at the bus stop “Kennedy-Gare” (in front of the railway station, across the car park)
The bus will drop you off at “Les îles” (7 minutes bus drive).
- Line 1 “Fort Montbarey” at the bus stop “Gare SNCF” (when you come out the railway station, the bus stop is on your right)
The bus will drop you off at “Rampes” (4 minutes bus drive).
When you get off the bus, cross the road, walk down the stairs and the harbour station is a 1 minute walk straight ahead.
Travelling by coach
The bus station is at exactly the same place as the railway station, a 15 minute walk from the harbour station.
- Line 11 → Brest-Le Conquet
- Line 34 → Camaret-Brest
Travelling by plane
Brest Bretagne airport is at Guipavas, 6,2 miles from Brest.
From the airport, take a taxi or the airport shuttle to the tramway station « Porte de Guipavas ». Take the line A to the town centre (Liberté) then take the bus line 4 « Port de Commerce ». The bus will drop you off at « Les îles ». The airport shuttle runs from 5:30am till 11:00pm 7 days a week (except 1st May).
Travelling by car
- From Paris : around 5 hours 45 minutes drive, via the N12
- From Rennes : around 2 hours and a half drive, via the N12
- From Nantes : around 3 hours and a quater drive, via the N165
- From Quimper : around 45 minutes drive, via the N16
→ When you arrive at Brest, follow signs for Brest-Ports